ohhh this dude turns 8 today! 8!! EIGHT. my goodness, time flies like crazy and when you have kids it goes even faster!
Ruben at 8.
- he doesn't eat a lot of candy. prefers cucumber. in fact, he is 80% cucumber;
- he adores his little stuffed animal "waffie" still, and i love that;
- he plays soccer and since he made a gorgeous goal once, he has gotten some wings and is playing better at every game;
- he's in 4th grade, but reads in 6th. math? no problem at all. he's the little smary pants;
- he can throw up in a second. if you have something food-related not in your mouth, but let's say you spilled a bit on your chin? don't sit next to him, he'll throw up just by looking at you. yup. crazy.
- he has lots of bleedy noses.....
- he broke his upper leg at age 5, but is running around like crazy and showed us some real persistance by learning how to walk again;
- he LOVES to read, and i couldn't be happier about that! Sanne & daddy are no readers. so i was "the only nerd". now i have my little nerd loving paper as much as i do;
- he can read a book of 250 pages in one weekend. i can't even do that;
- his favorite tv show is SpongeBob but Tom&Jerry come close lately;
- he loves to play Minecraft, but throws in a few square words here and there....;
- he eats like a real farmer. much potatoes, veggies & meat;
- he's a huge fan of sushi!!!
- he thinks Jack Sparrow is his hero. and Elizabeth Swan. he loves the movies. does not get any nightmares at all. his favorite lego is his Pirates of the Carribean lego and he plays parts of the movie impressively exactly.
- he wants to wear his hair 'flat', no pointing up for him!
- he's a real 'play outside kid' and loves to build treehouses.... unlucky for him the 'gemeente' always tear them down. don't get to excited his 'treehouses' are just a bunch of branches lovely arranged together. you've got to have some imagination to see a 'treehouse' in there :D
- he's very loving and caring. he ADORES our little 1 year old neighbourboy Jop;
- he can build and rebuild his lego time after time after time. he loves to mess things up. break somethings of different 'lego buildings' to create something totally new;
- he's very funny. sais the strangest of things;
- he still loves to cuddle and sit with me. counting the moments;
- he loves to play with his big Sis. usually they can get along crazy well;
- he shares his birthday with our King, so PARTY ALL DAY for him!
Sweet, loving Ruben, thank you for being my amazing son and crazy dude. i love you more than you can imagine. let's rock today dude!
life is good. imagine your own treehouse.